Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Eurich's Clock World.

There's this place not too far from my house called Eurich's Clock World and I stumbled upon it last year when I was taking my friend's dog around the neighborhood. I found Clock World in the middle of the night and now that's the only time I'll stop by to visit it. Clock World is a special place; it has a lot of magical powers. I would bet that there's an older gentleman named Eurich working back there with really thick glasses, disheveled hair, and a vest with a pocket watch. It's like a scene right out of the old 90's Nickelodeon show "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" (one of my all time favorites). I get inspired and my imagination runs wild when I go by this place. I like it when I get inspired by the unexpected. A lot of other people look at it and think it's just a clock store, but I see way more than that when I look at it.

6 comments:

Bo Lumpkin said...

I think there are many things to inspire us. Places, people, events, and I think people who are looking for inspiration will find it while many people never let anything move them.

Maria Filar said...

didn't you write a creative writing story that was about a shop like that? or was it a magic shop? seems very familiar. maybe your stories are coming to life. which is creepy.

JONGMEE said...

ooo i want to visit the clock world!

kayla/joejonas said...

i remember clock world when rhiannon and i came down to visit you for whatever reason. i think we went down to troy to get her macbook fixed and adventured with you a little. it was fun. :)

Anonymous said...

i need to leave a comment but i dont have time

Anonymous said...

Seriously, they DO have an elderly gentleman, with glasses but not that thick, that comes to your house to fix and oil grandfather clocks. He's been to my house two times in the past 4 years - once for my brother-in-law's clock that we 'held' for him, and again for our own big grampa that we just had to get after he moved his to his new home. I'll be calling for him after this post to tweak up our clock after a self-inflicted oops.
He's a VERY COOL dude!