Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Laughter Club.

At the beginning of my stint in college, I got an idea to start a club. My idea was to start The Laughter Club, get student life to sponsor it, eat pizza, drink pop, and laugh for a solid half hour because everyone at CCS is stressed and laughter relieves stress. Meant to be. I was with Nikki and we saw James sitting in the cafeteria and I said, "Hey Nikki. Let's go test it out on James." So we walked up to James, sat down at the table, and explained the concept to him. My idea was that I would start fake laughing and that would cause a chain reaction of laughter. James kind of chuckled and said, "Alright, but I'm not gonna laugh." The pressure was on. I started fake laughing, and within seconds, the three of us were laughing so hard we were crying; CRYING. I don't even know how it worked, but it did. I think Nikki started laughing because of how ridiculous my fake laugh was and then it just went from there. It was GREAT. I don't know why I didn't make the club happen; I think it was because I was scared that it wouldn't work with people that weren't my friends. Regardless, the idea was as funny as trying it out. Long live The Laughter Club (or at least the idea of it).

3 comments:

Nikki DeSautelle said...

That's a great memory! Yeah you're fake laugh was so weird, that's all it took. Do you remember what it sounded like? I bet it would work again today.

vince said...

i just laughed reading about it.

Anonymous said...

IT PROBABLY SOUNDED LIKE A HYENA. LOL LOL LOL LOL. CANT STOP LAUGHING.