Tuesday, May 11, 2010

For Juanita & Mickey.

One of my best/closest friends, Micaela Ruiz, lost her grandmother last week and lost her mother between Sunday and yesterday. I can't even imagine how this must be for her. When I heard, my heart instantly broke and I felt, and still feel, both sick and helpless. I spoke with Mickey on the phone momentarily and she told me to call/tell the people that needed to know because she couldn't and she told me to go hug my mom. Mickey is an incredible person; for those of you that know her, I don't need to tell you that, and for those that don't, you would love her. Her being so wonderful is a direct reflection of her mother, Juanita Ruiz. Juanita was the very definition of kind. She had a warm, loving nature and I was always greeted with the biggest smile when I saw her. She treated us like we were one of her own because that's the kind of person she was. She instilled everything that she was into her children and she raised one of the greatest families I have ever known. The Ruiz's are full of strong, loving individuals. It is now that they need to stay strong in the midst of these tragedies. Mickey, you aren't alone. All of your friends are here for you and even those that aren't can offer their condolences. I'm so sorry. I love you so much. I am shocked to my core by your recent losses. If you take anything from this, let it be not to take those in your life for granted. Take Mickey's advice and hug your mothers. Hug everyone and tell them you love them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please explain to Mickey about the dimes-it will bring her great comfort in the years to come. Chelsea, you did not hug your mother. Remember, tomorrow is promised to no one and you never know when the last time will be the last time. Appreciate the moments of today for they become the memories of tomorrow. I love you Big C.

MOM

Micaela said...

HUG YOUR MOM!

Hi Mama Kirchoff, thank you so much for the card and your daughter! <3