Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ed Emberley!

I stumbled across Ed Emberley books at the library and I remembered hearing about him before from Andy. His books are how-to books. He teaches you how to draw the "Ed Emberley way" and, I must say, I've learned a lot from him. I recommend these books to anyone. Regardless of your experience, his step-by-step instructions make drawing simple and FUN. This particular book was Ed Emberley's Great Thumbprint Drawing Book. I tried dropping ink on my thumb to make thumbprints, but that didn't work. These are supposed to be drawn on thumbprints.

6 comments:

Tomás Serrano said...

I like this style so much, but it´s difficult...

Maria Filar said...

we have a license at colorbok for this type of art, it's called Printoons but it's kind of lame.

I think Ed Emberley is cooler though.

Abz said...

Really fun doodles!:) thanks for stopping by.

Jason James Curtis said...

Ed Emberley is great! I love his approach, which is to make the creation of art accessible to everyone.

I think thumbprint drawings would be a fun creative exercise. So simple with a minimum of tools required...gotta love that.

That red hairy guy is cute.

vince said...

haha.. ed emberly rules! i used to get his books from the library all the time.

Kate Burck said...

Oh man I forgot about Ed Emberly until just now. I used to rent his books from my elementary library constantly. He really was one of my favorite things growing up and I'm sad I forgot about him till now. These drawings are adorable, Chelsea