Thursday, May 27, 2010

Custom Vans.

For the past 3 days, I have been relentlessly working on these shoes for my friend Sarah's 'friend', Eric which is why I haven't been answering calls (sorry, guys). She enlisted my efforts to make him a custom pair of vans. We sat around thinking of ideas, when I was finally hit with THE idea. In 2004 or 2005, I asked Sarah to make me a list of everything she liked and I made a collage; black and white (The first image below). I used to love making those things. I made one for Sarah, Mrs. Dudek, Scott Lashuay, and my grandma. So, Sarah asked Eric to make a list of everything he likes; EVERYTHING. He gave her an 8 page list with over 200 items on it. I incorporated about 120 of those things into these shoes. It took me literally 36 hours, too many sharpies, & I HAVE BLISTERS, but it was worth it (it's all freehand too!). I'm excited that Sarah commissioned me to do them. If anyone is interested in a pair of custom shoes, I'LL DO IT. Also, I don't have my computer back yet and Shelby won't let me on hers anymore so I'll update when I get mine back. Happy birthday, Eric! I hope you love them. Click the images to make them larger; It's DETAIL city. Side note, Sarah included the ERIC graffiti on the front left shoe.

14 comments:

Maria Filar said...

wow chelsea these look amazing! you have awesome persistence dude.

Jason James Curtis said...

Wow Chelsea, this is truly impressive! The level of detail is outstanding...I could stare at these shoes for hours!

You've blown me away today. Well done. Suddenly the shoes I'm wearing right now look boring.

Lindsay Parrish said...

All of my shoes SUCK compared to these! Amazing job man!!

Rhiannon said...

These are really amazing, Chelsea!

Unknown said...

sweet shoes, are they just for show?

Blake said...

Those look soooo good D00d!
Im diggin' the creepy Speedway kid on the right shoe =D

Anonymous said...

i want one, i mean two. personal shoes, what a great thing. job is impeccable. sweet.

KevinThomas said...

Hey Chelsea. What kind of pen did you use. Is it a fabric pen or a Sharpie? The contrast is sweet, at least in the photos.

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

Hey Kevin: I used a sharpie; both extra fine point and regular. I kind of played with the contrast before I posted these, but the contrast in real life is top notch. Thanks for stopping by.

Matt: No way, they're functional art :)

Thanks everyone for the kind words :)

Francisco Martins said...

OMG!!!! I love these!!!! so awesomeee congrats! :)

justdoodleit said...

I would think twice before wearing them...for the fear of damaging all those cool details :)

Gavin Goo said...

These are really cool! I admire your efforts on these Chelsea! :) The details are incredible!

Awesome work!

Unknown said...

Hi! Where can I buy that amazing shoes? Please answer me I need it ;)

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

If you're interested in commissioning me for your own pair, send me an email! Thank you so much!