Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Hood & The Wild Thing.

Halloween was mostly a success aside from the fact that when we began, we were the only people out trick or treating and I now have blisters, but the best part was my brother's mask. So, four hours before we started trick or treating, I went to the Halloween store to try to find a mask for my bro with my mom and we found this executioner hood and I was like, "it's either this or the devil mask" and my mom picked the hood. Well, we got the hood home and the little cardboard marquee it was attached to stated it was an executioner's hood on one side and a SAUCY BONDAGE MASK on the other side (notice the little hearts in the background). When my brother and I made this discovery, we were mortified, but I couldn't stop laughing. He was ashamed to wear it. The entire night, he just looked like a creep and everyone kept telling me how great my mask was and that they liked my nose.
Now, this polaroid does no justice to my outfit because I had cool shorts & tights but at least you get the idea (notice how pumped I am based on my thumbs up and how brother Chan is not because of his WEAK thumbs up). We raked in the candy; 3 grocery store bags full of it in our pillow cases EACH, it was a good night.
I've been working on a Where the Wild Things Are piece for some time now. I actually started the night before the movie came out and I just got around to finishing it last week and I've been waiting to post it until the time was right; now seems like the right time. So I drew the image in my notebook with microns and sharpies and scanned it into photoshop and messed around with it.

2 comments:

Tim said...

great piece!

vince said...

i'll eat you up i love you so! great work chelsea. i still can't wait for larry david