Monday, November 9, 2009

British Television Ad Awards.

Two great things happened to me yesterday: 1) I was invited by my dear friend Micaela Ruiz to go to the DFT with her to see the 2009 British Television Ad Awards and 2) I catalogued my day through photographs.

It was a real treat to go to the DFT because I hadn't been since summer for Big Man Japan and I was blown away by these commercials. The difference between our commercials and the British commercials is that they really cater to the viewer and try to make it more than just a commercial. As Micaela pointed out; they really make the commercial an art form. So needless to say, I left the DFT incredibly inspired and really moved. Some commercials were about the concept, some were about the imagery and had nothing to do with the product or message, and some were incredibly moving or hilarious. I only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials and I bet that's exactly what a normal day in England is like with their commercials. A few of my favorites included:
1. The Shining.
2. Whodunit?
3. Water Slide.
4. Rewind City.
Please watch them. They're great and interesting. I think my favorite might be Rewind City and I was completely biased with The Shining because I love that movie, but each of these commercials is really great in their own way.I also wanted to say thanks to all of my art friends that have told me that my frequent updates are inspiring and I wanted to thank everyone that made a card for Noah. My heart swells up with happiness at the thought of it.

1 comment:

vince said...

these commercials are so so good. thanks for posting. i love the shining one. and whodunit. anyways. keep up the good work