Sunday, January 17, 2010

VIVA EL COCO!

This whole late night talk show fiasco is ludicrous."Hosting 'The Tonight Show' has been the fulfillment of a lifelong dream to me. And I want to say to the kids out there watching, you can do anything you want in life unless Jay Leno wants to do it too." –Conan O'Brien. I support Conan and so does my new friend, Conan enthusiast, and Leno hater Irene Tomoko Sugiura (Holla). I decided to draw Leno and Conan as blind contours (I didn't look at the paper as I drew them) and I went back in and added the shading and subtle details (while looking). The color chosen for the background reflects "late night". Click to enlarge!

7 comments:

ChrisHoobler said...

im all about conan! also this drawing is wonderful!

Gitter said...

great caricatures! seriously really diggin' the drawings. oh yea...F@#K Leno, Conan is the man.

Jason Curtis said...

Awesome caricatures Chelsea....really, really great!

For the record, I'm a Conan fan. The guy just cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

great job with conans hair! love it! (irene)

Anonymous said...

was he in that movie? conan the barbarian. huh

Matt Leese said...

Oh wow Chelsea. You did those without looking at the paper? Extremely impressive considering how well their caricaturization.

Matt Leese said...

and oh yes, I cannot believe this is actually happening. Until recently, I was under the understanding that Leno's show was dying off and HE would eventually leave. Conan is literally the best.