Thursday, June 30, 2011

Katy Perry!

Matt Benyo and I went to see Katy Perry Tuesday night because we got cheap tickets (floor row 9) and we got them the night before the show. Unplanned shows are the best because it's SPONTANEOUS. I haven't been to a concert since Lady Gaga at the Palace, so it was fun to be back there. There's such a good energy in the air and nothing beats seeing someone LIVE. Katy Perry was no exception.She sang PEACOCK and that song gets stuck in my head all the time.She did Firework and California Gurls as her encore. I was singing Firework so loudly that I think I had a brain aneurysm, but it was a good moment. Fireworks kept going off too and I was smiling like a 4 year old. THEN she sang California Gurls and you wanna talk about a party? This was THE BEST FINALE.There were characters on stage and she pulled out a foam gun and I grabbed Matt Benyo and RAN for the stage and we got foamed! It was so exciting! Then these giant machines went off and there was CONFETTI EVERYWHERE! We were singing and dancing in the aisle way! It was so much fun! Matt Benyo also got one of Katy Perry's guitar picks! Here's us foamed. He took this photo.Let's be honest though, at least 50% of why I wanted to go was because I thought MAYBE I might see my love, Russell Brand, but it didn't happen. At one point, she said, "They just told me my husband is backstage" and I couldn't breathe and almost started crying because if he would've come on stage, I would've vaulted over the barricade, but it didn't happen. After the show, we waited until 2 something to try and meet her, but we made 3 new friends in the process. What an awesome night.

6 comments:

D. Klein said...

I'd totally bone Katy Perry. Her music ain't bad neither.

Zack Farough said...

I don't think that is appropriate.

Matt Benyo said...

Best PARTY EVER! WOOOOO!

JenniP said...

I love Katy too!!!! I hope Lexi opens for her here!! If you don't know who I'm talking about... here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UCdcW0RgII

Kim Raley said...

How much did you guys end up paying for the tickets? looks like you had a blast. :)

Anonymous said...

do you floss on a daily basis??
your gummss..BUTEIFUL


THE SCRONCHIE SCADOODLES