Monday, July 19, 2010

Best Sunday Ever.

I had been up since 5 pm saturday, went to Ram's with Maria and Danny, afterwards went to Leo's with Chris, went to Shelby's, went to MJR to see INCEPTION with Brother Chan, after that went to the Henry Ford to play with Maria, Danny, and Nick (check out our awkward photo), got pizza, and finally hung out with Justin Riopelle and swapped stories while getting slurpees. Then I passed out around 10 after being awake for 29 hours. I haven't done that in a long time. It was beautiful.INCEPTION IS THE BEST MOVIE I HAVE SEEN ALL YEAR. Maybe even in my life. Not even kidding you. Christopher Nolan HAS DONE IT AGAIN because this movie blew my mind. It was amazing. It was like Waking Life, but obviously a million times better (although still had the same concept in mind). It's a 2 1/2 hour thrill ride and it is nothing short of incredible. I can't wait to see it again.

**IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE, DO NOT READ PAST THIS***

OKAY. I think the end was a dream. Here's why; at the scene where Leo is in the bathroom and splashing water all over his face and one of the guys walks in and asks him if he's okay, he grabs his totem from his pocket and tries spinning it, but it doesn't quite catch the surface of the counter so he knows he isn't dreaming and he tells the guy he's fine. At the end of the movie, the totem catches and it keeps spinning. Granted, Nolan cut the movie when he did because he wanted to leave it open to interpretation, but because of what I just mentioned, I think it's a dream. It spins for an AWFULLY long time when he gets home. I also think that he's finally gotten over the guilt and shadowing of his wife that he's allowing himself to create this new dream for himself and finally, Leo tells us himself, that you never know how you wind up where you do in dreams; it's like they always start in the middle and how does he get to the house at the end? He just shows up. That is why, ladies and gentleman, it is a DREAM. The only person to agree with me is my sister, Shelby. For all you optimistic dreamers that think it's real, keep on dreaming! Feel free to leave comments explaining your theories. I can't wait to see this movie in IMAX!

No comments: