Wednesday, July 7, 2010

98 Degrees.

I'm not talking about the band, I'm talking about the temperature here in the mitten. Actually, the analogy that works best can be described referencing the movie The Core. There's this scene where the guy that made the vessel, has to go into this area on the outside of the vessel to override the switch and put it into manual mode (because you know, you'd definitely put an important switch like that on the OUTSIDE of the ship) and when the guy goes outside (the vessel is headed for the core of the earth), he is literally hit with like, a million degrees of heat and fire. The heat is so hot, he staggers and then his glasses break, and he presses the switch, and they open the door and the magma gets him because he's just dying in that hallway area because it's so HOT. THAT is what it felt like yesterday and today is going to be worse. This weather is THE WORST. The one thing I do love, however, is an ice cold shower.

Over the holiday weekend, I finished Russell Brand's autobiography, My Booky Wook, and while most people write Russell Brand off and think he's an idiot, I have to disagree. His book is written in a very intelligent manner; the guy isn't an idiot at all. He may act like one (and he does love attention and making people laugh), but he knows what he's doing. I found it to be very personal and interesting and I don't say that because I'm biased.

I also watched Zombieland on Monday for the first time. I know, I know, I'm behind on the times. Brother Chan told me it was terrible before I watched it, but I watched it and I was actually impressed. The combination of all of the elements (comedy, drama, action, etc) made for an interesting film and Bill Murray's cameo is just priceless. Definitely a movie I recommend if, like me, you haven't seen it (though I'm sure it makes for a great re-watch too).

I rented The Big Lebowski, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, and Before Sunset from the library. I've only seen Imaginarium (HEATH) and pieces of Lebowski so I'm excited for these three.

My friend, Sarah Caudill, was at Harry Potter world yesterday and my heart died a little inside when I saw the images she took from inside the park (of Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, the shops, etc), but she got me a present!!

Here's a collaboration from my sketchbook with Oscar.

No comments: