Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Jonas Anniversary.

Two years ago today, I was trying to sleep, but couldn't because I was going to see the JBs for the first time. Two years ago, I fell in love with the Jonas Brohters. Additionally, I met one of my bffls, Rhiannon Goedel, and that is all thanks to the Jonas Brothers. Rhiannon and I still look back on our adventures fondly. All the tears I shed at each show, the foam we got drenched in, the times we lost our voices from screaming the lyrics to their songs so loudly, the sacrifices we made for them (sleeping in the car, driving 12+ hours after being awake for 30+ hours, and dropping some serious cash flow), we had some REAL TIMES. 2009 was the year of the Jonas. We went to 9 JONAS BROTHERS SHOWS! I even went to CALIFORNIA for the midnight showing of their movie! On top of that, Rhiannon and I MET Nick and Kevin in Toronto a mere 8 months from our first time seeing them! It has been a wild ride and I'm happy to say that Rhiannon is still my friend through all of it. We took the top right picture together with our friends, Alex and Kayla, after we miraculously got main floor tickets to the show and who'd have thought two years later, Rhiannon, Alex, and I would be hanging out in Chicago, drinking some Jamba Juice? I also included this Polaroid that Rhiannon took from the show we went to this past summer where Joe Jonas LOOKED ME IN THE EYES during "When You Look Me In The Eyes", grabbed my hand, and SANG TO ME. I simultaneously blacked out and my heart stopped; it was one of the best moments EVER. You may laugh at me because of all this, but everyone has that musical person/act that they hold above all others and go nuts over. To say that all of this has happened with the group that I love, is nothing short of amazing. I dedicate this post to the Jonas Brothers and to Rhiannon. I look forward to many more fun times with you both!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I could like this post as if it were on facebook I would.
I can't believe it's been 2 years already. Jesus, where has the time gone? I also still can't believe we met them. Is this real life?
You know this post gets me amped for? The great American road trip!

- Rhiannon

Matt Benyo said...

I didn't know it was the Jonai that brought you and Rhiannon together...

Rad.