Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sweet Summer.

I scold myself for abandoning this blog the way I have. Shame on me, but I have been extremely busy. This summer is already flying by and it makes me want to vomit. How is already June? HOW? I don't know. I haven't been doing much art because unfortunately work has been consuming me and my free time, but that's all going to change. This piece is kind of old. It was the last piece I did in Image Making 2 and it was for an iphone ad. I did this on Illustrator. It took forever. Not kidding.I was also told by my boss, Carla Gonzalez, I had to come up with dinosaur trading cards for the Arts Fest down here in Detroit that just passed (June 7 & 8) and that was a lot of fun. I created the cards using illustrator. We printed them off on cardstock, stapled them, and the kids got to decorate them as they saw fit. They mostly used glitter though. It was a great feeling seeing kids color these cards. The cropping is kind of weird because Carla wanted them big enough for the kids to color and that wasn't possible if the entire body was in there, but they still worked out fine.

4 comments:

Matthew Byle said...

I love your iphone ad, its really great!

Anonymous said...

good job on the trading cards. i wish i had me a set!

Raechel said...

This is the kinda stuff you should be doing, it's great.

ishbeth said...

i love dinosaurs. we need to tattoo you dude.