Friday, June 27, 2008

ICON5, Say What?

I am in the process of stressing out over everything. I am making business cards that have my genie image on the front (but I have to edit the iphone text out) and I'm hoping to get them by the time I leave for New York City on Wednesday evening. I wish I had thought of this sooner, but alas, I did not. So, what's this New York business I speak of? I will be attending ICON5 (the Illustration Conference) and it will be held at the above image which is the Roosevelt Hotel. I really cannot put into words how thrilled I am about this. It's going to be such a great experience. I think I will get a lot out of this and I am really looking forward to seeing Cathy Gendron again. I will try to do as much sketching as possible and I look forward to sharing my experience with everyone when I get back. My goals for this trip are listed below in no particular order:

To Do in NEW YORK CITY:
1) Pizza.
2) Find Ben Bailey/Cash Cab.
3) Exchange as many business cards as possible.
4) Make friends!
5) Not get mugged.
6) Stay out late and roll with the homies.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Hey you!

Go to rocket printing out in Royal Oak. They did my business cards overnight, 200, rushed, for pretty cheap.

Can't wait for NY!

YAY!

Anonymous said...

I am in love with the pic of u thinking about wall-e!!! Heath looks like gomez off the adams family but with a few acceptions obviously. Ur painting of the entrance of the ballet looks like it belongs in the DIA. Im proud of my seester!!