Thursday, December 5, 2019

1. Luke Skywalker.

In honor of the LAST STAR WARS MOVIE OF THE TRILOGY coming out in a mere 15 days, I wanted to do something REALLY special. Back in May, Matt and I took a trip down to Bell Buckle in Tennessee where we wandered around an antique shop. In the back, in a little basket, sat a set of old 1977 vintage Star Wars trading cards. I knew right then that I had to buy them so I could paint mini portraits on the front of the cards.

The back of the cards are super cool because they say stats about the character or talk about a scene. It's like an altered card, but not in the traditional sense. Anyway, I'm doing a series of 15 characters and I'm debuting a new style, too. I feel like this is what I've been working towards my whole life. Definitely want to do more in this style going forward.

It seems fitting I'd do this near the end of this year. I've done a lot of work in different styles and now I'm finally finding my way. It's very illustrative and I can't wait to show each of these pieces off because I feel like they just get better and better.

To Star Wars! Let's kick it off with Luke Skywalker!


No comments: