Thursday, July 2, 2020

Hobbit Holes.

One of the greatest experiences of my life was visiting the Hobbiton movie set in New Zealand. It allowed me the opportunity to get up close and personal with the hobbit holes seen in the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit films. I've been working on my digital painting skills by painting them.

My most recent hobbit hole is this one with the blue door. I drew it based on a photo I took while there. Here's included a photo of me there! Andddd I spent a lot of time drawing/painting it!

This one with the blue door took me 12 hours. No exaggeration. I did it on procreate. In this particular image with the three different paintings, I wanted to show my progression. Each piece is separate. The first piece took me 45 minutes and it was more of a study. The second piece took me 6.5 hours and it was the same reference as the first. The third is my most recent and it's the one that took me 12 hours with a different reference.

I printed one of them to hang up. I'm so happy with it. I hope that you, too, can share in my appreciation for progress and hobbit holes because both are magical.



No comments: