Friday, March 5, 2010

Perfection.

I went to the midnight showing of Alice in Wonderland at the IMAX with Brother Chan, Shelby, and Zack. It was amazing. The wait time passed by rather quickly and we were seated and ready for the movie. At first, I was indifferent about the adaptation, but after thinking about it more, I rather enjoyed it. I also enjoyed going with them. The sibs don't hang much and I haven't seen Zack in a long time. I'm pretty sure I'm teetering on the edge of delirium though. I've been awake for 34 hours. That might explain why this entry is typed so properly in some spots! For my post this evening, I used a nib and ink to write out the poem "Nothing Gold Can Stay" by Mr. Robert Frost and it was featured in The Outsiders. That book/movie gets me every time.

3 comments:

Nikki DeSautelle said...

I loved that book, The Outsiders. I read it in 20 minute intervals each day during silent reading time in 8th grade. I had some issues reading the sad parts at the end while in class, because I'm a notorious book/movie crier.

Also I was in a stage adaptation of the Outsiders in 12th grade. It was pretty terrible.

Stephanie Limon said...

I love hand-drawn type and I love quotes! It's the best of both worlds! :)Great piece!

Raechel said...

One of my fave quotes of his.