Monday, April 25, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

I'm astonished by how quickly my birthday arrives. Come 1:34 am, I will be 24; almost a quarter of a century old. I've been lucky & fortunate this year. 2011 started out bad, but it has become better (gradually). I've had several birthday celebrations leading up to this day & I feel so honored to have the people in my life that I do. I want to give special thanks to (in no particular order): Alex (835), Rhiannon, Sophia & Farah, Raechel & Carlos, Jeremiah Walton, Dave Roldan, Matt Benyo, Nate, Betsy, Amy, Kim, & my family. Each of you has done something for me (up to this point; the thanks will extend today) that a 'thanks' seems insufficient. Thank you for making me feel special pre-birthday. Today, I have a lot lined up & I'm excited for all of it. I'm definitely going to enjoy some pizza & all I can ask for is that I continue to live, make art, & be happy. I'd also enjoy some nice blog comments to come back to! It's becoming a tradition to revamp my illustrator self-portrait each year. OH! ALSO, THIS IS MY 500TH BLOG POST! Here's to 500+ & that you'll continue to follow my exploits in life & art. CHEERS! (CLICK TO ENLARGE; the colors are better!)

30 comments:

Nameless said...

Happy birthday!!! I hope it goes great!!!!!!!

- Mark

Anonymous said...

HAPPY,HAPPY, BIRTHDAY....... FROM CAPS LOCK......
LUV U.................

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE BOT ON THE ARM... HAPPY 24TH...

Kiki Keller said...

I love the new self portrait!! Hope you have a great birthday :)

Frank Zerilli said...

happy birthday chellerz

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my favorite Kevin. I wish I was down there right now getting some birthday shakes with you and Alex. Does that sound weird to anyone else but me? #wasted
Hope your birthday is gr8! Can't wait to celebrate it with some pizza Wednesday.

Rhiannon (aka NOT Kevin)

Anonymous said...

I HOPE YOU HAVE THE BEST BIRTHDAY YET! HAVE A WONDERFUL ONE, CHELS!!!!

<3 MANTIS TOBOGGAN/JAMIE MARTINEK....WHICHEVER YOU WANNA GO BY,

Greg Zulauf said...

CHELSEA!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I check multiple times a day for blog posts. love it kid

Matt Benyo said...

HBD!

I love the illu! The birthday hat looks so fun! My favorite bit!

Thanks for the thanks!

Happy birthday you old woman! ;)

Eva Stormzand said...

Have the happiest of happy birthdays! :)
You are loving and you are loved.
Plus, you are a kick-ass artist. :)
Have a gerrr- ate day!
-Eva

illustratorHH said...

Happy Birthday, Chelsea!

Carmen Tice said...

Happy Birthday, Chelsea. I love your birthday portrait!

- Carmen

Meredith Miotke said...

Happy Birthday, Chelsea! I hope your 24th is fantastic!! I better see you this summer : )

<3
Meredith

Anonymous said...

Chelsea!! Hope your birthday is as wonderful as you are!!! We better see each other at some point this summer :)

<3 Erin

Mase said...

HAPPY HAPPY birthday elmers! I hope you continue to have wonderful amazing birthday celebrations... you desirve it, not only today, but everyday!! Your amazing!!! Happy Birhtday Elms, make it a great one!!!!
Miss and love ya always!!!

That one chick~
MaSoN

N said...

Happy Birthday!!! I like how you dont create a link to MY blog! HOE! and also...why does your nose look like a penis? Is it stuffy? lol :) Love ya chelse!!!! :D

Lc said...

TWENTY-FOUR. No way.

Heidi pumpkin pie said...

so i accidentally did the annoying thing and posted on your facebook when you said not to whoops!
so I'm going to comment here instead and delete that one!
I adore you and I hope you have an amazing birthday! you are such a special lady and you deserve the happiest birthdays ever!

BugVomit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BugVomit said...

Happy Birthday yo!

Epiphanie said...

Yo! Happy Birthday C.K. I hope your having a an awesome day and I hope there are many many many more to follow!

Hado said...

Happy Birthday! :D

deborah aldrich said...

this picture is almost as awesome as you are! happy birthday, beautiful! hope you had a fabbbbbbulous day! :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHELSEA! I hope you had a great day. I'd like to run into you soon! It's been too long.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Lovely Lady! I hope it was excellent and that this next year is even more spectacular!

Unknown said...

HAppy Birthday...PEACOCK!!!

Alex said...

I like the tattoo on your arm in this picture you made.

Kim Raley said...

Happy Birthday Chelsea. Congrats on the 500th post!!! I should count mine. I'm probably getting close to double digits soon! :D

I'm so happy to make another one of your blogs. (this is the closest to fame I'll ever get)


<3 have a wonderful day!!!!

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

Thanks everyone! You're AMAZING! :D

JMar said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OMG