Monday, February 22, 2010

Old & Rusty.

Today I read Pen & Ink Sketching by Peter Caldwell. It didn't teach me much of anything, but it had some encouraging words that I'd like to share."In any job or creative activity, a passion for the subject is half the battle to achieving success. Without this whole-hearted desire to interpret what you see with love and sensitivity, the whole process is merely a mechanical exercise. There is a lot to be said for a quick sketch - however crude and lacking the authority of the professional's hand - if it is carried out with sincerity and commitment. The ability to draw exists in all of us, to a greater or lesser degree - remember that before mankind learned to write, speech and drawing were the only means of communication. With a little guidance, as well as perseverance, we are bound to improve. How much improvement there is lies very much in the hands and enthusiasm of the individual."

Events worth noting: I cleaned my room and it's spotless. I have had to restart the internet 20 times in the past 5 minutes. My dad keeps sneezing. There is nothing more annoying to me than intermittent sneezes and my house is haunted. Brother Chan is playing Silent Hill 2 and his controller started vibrating for no reason and then this big painting on our living room wall tilted BY ITSELF. We're freaking out.

2 comments:

jamestryingtocloseblog said...

that's a good point, passion is probably more like two thirds the battle.

Anonymous said...

THATS SOME GREAT INFO AH CHEW RMATION.