Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Catcher In The Rye.

I thought the entire book was building up to him getting killed; by either his own will or another's, but instead it was rather anticlimactic. I'm just indifferent. Great quotes:

"That's the whole trouble. You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may THINK there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "Fuck you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "Fuck you." I'm positive."

"How do you know what you're going to do till you DO it? The answer is, you don't."

"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody."

I also rented/watched Return to Oz. Will someone PLEASE tell me they've seen this movie? It's Fairuza Balk's FIRST film. I've also been doing some Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus sketches and I drew my talkboy (which I will discuss in depth once I finish it). Shelby gave me something of a manicure last night. She basically made my cuticles throb and painted my nails this teal color. That was fun. However, my spark is still missing. I'm putting all the blame on FEBRUARY. Suck it, February.

4 comments:

Ben H. Shapiro said...

Talkboy! hahaha. awesome. I had one too. that kevin mccallister sure did make those things look sweet.

Maria Filar said...

I've seen Return to Oz like 10 times! I never liked it as much as Wizard of Oz because I would always compare it but yes I've seen it many times!

Kaylen Conley said...

Chelsea, you just made my february. There have been so many times I have tried to talk to someone about this movie-- and no one knows what I am talking about! And I could never remember what the name was, but now I am totally sharing the eerie strangeness of return to oz with everyone.

Anonymous said...

seen it, feb. sucks, nice post.