Monday, November 15, 2010

THE CLUB.

I went to the club for the first time ever Saturday for Betsy's birthday. At first, I didn't want to, but with an open mind and a little coaxing from my friends, I decided to do it. Stephen Slachta told me: Invest in EXPERIENCES, not things. Why hadn't I been to a club prior to this? Because I don't enjoy dancing in the middle of a hot room with strangers to bad music. Plus, on the real, I can't dance and my family constantly reminds me of this whenever I try anything other than walking. The obvious answer was to get drunk, but I don't drink. So I was gonna have to conquer the club soberly.

We got to Necto and luckily, Matt Benyo (to see a ridiculous photo of us dancing, go to his blog) was a top notch friend. We laughed at these Staten Island guys that were yelling about cabs and then made our way to the dance floor. It wasn't as big of a deal as I thought it would be. I danced with everyone, but Matt and I danced/laughed a lot. I also saved several friends from creeps. One friend, Kim Raley (in photos 1,3,4, & 6), made me laugh a lot. She's a riot and super creative. Hi Kim!

Believe it or not, I had fun I told everyone I'd stay for 5 seconds and leave, but I stayed the entire time. I had a great time with great friends.

Janine washed my dress and destroyed it. Not her fault, but I'm sad because I've only worn that dress twice. RIP nice little ruffle dress. Thanks for keeping it real.

When I woke up, I wondered what's gotten into me. If past me had talked to me now, I'd have punched me in the face. I've just decided it's better to be open minded. Instead of saying I won't, I'm gonna TRY things. This is the start of something new!

5 comments:

Julia Maiuri said...

I LOVE THIS. I, too, have been saying yes to more things and it's made these past couple of months the best I've had in a long while. I'm started to get so comfortable with myself and it has the same effect on you! CARPÉ DIEM!

Julia Maiuri said...

sorry, it was supposed to be "i *hope it has the same effect on you" ha...too much coffee this morning...

vince said...

what's next? a sandwich?

Matt Benyo said...

"YO THA CABS AH HEEYAH! YOUS NEED AH CAB, CUZ THAY HEEYAH!"

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!

Anonymous said...

YESSSSSSSSSS! I made your blog (guess who!?)